Sunday, February 9, 2014

Ten Things Of Thankful, February 9, 2014

Ten Things of Thankful

This week's ten:

1) I am thankful for another week of being healthy.

2) I am thankful for doctors who can prescribe medication to alleviate my hot flashes.

3) I am thankful for my library card and the variety of books it allows me to read every year.

4) I am thankful that Amy made it safely to and from work on Thursday, when road conditions were bad and, as she said, it was more of a "controlled slide" than actually driving.

5) I am thankful for the amazing conversations we can have around the dinner table some evenings.....some are a bit crazy, but some are deep and thoughtful things.

6) I am thankful for quiet, peaceful mornings to be alone with my thoughts.

7) I am thankful to have a warm, safe place to be during this week's winter storm.

8) I am thankful that my relationship with my mother has grown stronger over the past year....and that I am able to share my fears with her without feeling judged or pitied.

9) I am thankful for the wonderful neighbor who clears the sidewalk along our street with his snowblower, saving Barry from having to shovel it.

10) I am thankful that our cat, Gandalf, loves us so much...but wish that he would stop sitting at Amy's bedroom door meowing for her to get up, since she worked till 4 am and is TRYING to sleep in today!

10 comments:

  1. Love number six...quiet.....oooooo...congrats on the relationship work with your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not yet at the hot flashes stage. I've had irregular night sweats for years, but have had only 2-3 "hot flashes". I figure my time is coming although I don't know what to expect from menopause. My mother had a hysterectomy and I know nothing of either of my grandmothers' experiences. So, I'm gathering info from resources in print and online. Stories are always welcome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wish I could help, but I don't know how "normal" my experience is, as it is medically induced. Had to start taking hormone blockers after my mastectomy in September. My mother also had a hysterectomy, as did HER mother....and I never heard my other grandmother talk about it...so I'm as clueless as you! :)

      Delete
  3. LOVING #s 5, 6 and 7 :) Glad you've had a good week. Crazy conversations with the important people in life are so nourishing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Theresa! It's Courtney from The Brown Girl with Long Hair blog. This is a BEAUTIFUL expression of thankfulness. I'm glad our bloggy paths have crossed...

    ReplyDelete
  5. And please forgive me for spelling your name wrong in my first comment.:-(
    One of my favorite yoga students spells it with an "h", so I kind of just typed the "h" on autopilot. Still, no excuse. I'm a stickler for names, so I'm glad I caught my oversight right away.lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No need to apologize...it happens. But I appreciate you taking the time to correct it. :)

      Delete
  6. Some great items here! Hooray for health and docs who can help in good ways. Love that your cat's name is Gandalf!

    Stay warm! And have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was just thinking today how happy I am that my kids are getting old enough to have actual conversations with each other. Unfortunately they are still in the stage where there is lots of loud and plenty of "smack" being thrown around, but they are all laughing and enjoying each other. Some day, I hope we reach the "amazing" conversation stage. :)
    Great neighbors are always something for which to be thankful. We have one who plows our drive whenever he can, and I could not be more grateful to him.
    I'm always glad to hear people say they are becoming closer to loved ones. My mom and I had a long stretch where we just didn't talk much, but it's so much better now. I'm glad you and your mom are having an opportunity to do so.
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes! The library card. I've worked at libraries for a total of 3 years. One of my proudest moments when we moved here was being able to get my first Hawaiian library card. It's such a joy to have when you're a voracious reader and don't want to use money that can be better spent elsewhere on books.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...