Sunday, February 16, 2014

Sunday Stealing: Books Meme



Books Meme


from Be Your Own Hero  

Book Survey!
  • 1:Favorite children's book: Love You Forever, Robert Munsch
  • 2:The last book you've read: A Long Way Down, Nick Hornby
  • 3:Books on your "to read" list: First Love, James Patterson; Shadow Kiss, Richelle Mead; and about a dozen others on my nightstand at the moment.
  • 4:Top 5 authors: Stephen King, James Patterson, Faye Kellerman, 
  • 5:Favorite genres: Horror, suspense, murder mysteries, historical fiction
  • 6:A book that has made you extremely mad: Can't think of one off the top of my head.
  • 7:A book that you've cried over: The Notebook, Nicholas Sparks
  • 8:A book that made you laugh out loud: Second Honeymoon, James Patterson (twice last night0
  • 9:Fiction or nonfiction?: Both, but mostly fiction
  • 10:First book you've read by your favorite author: Carrie, Stephen King
  • 11:Best book-to-movie adaption: The Notebook
  • 12:Do you read comics/manga?: Not any more
  • 13:Hardcovers or Paperbacks? Mostly hardcovers
  • 14:Do you buy books as soon as they come out or wait a while? I almost never buy books anymore....borrow them from the library.
  • 15:Do you buy books spontaneously without any prior knowledge of what happens in it? I will sometimes pick one up from the library spontaneously.
  • 16:Have you ever bought a book based on the cover alone? No, but I have checked them out of the library on that basis.
  • 17:Where do you usually buy your books? When I buy, either Half Price Books or Amazon
  • 18:Book that had a strong impact on you: The Shack
  • 19:Historical or science fiction?  Both
  • 20:Dystopian or Utopian? Dystopian
  • 21:Worst book-to-move adaption?  Harry Potter and The Order Of The Phoenix (or as we call it here, Harry Potter and The Really Sucky Movie)
  • 22:Book that should have a movie adaption? The Shack
  • 23:The first book you've fallen in love with: Gone With The Wind
  • 24:Humor or angst? Both, just depends on my mood
  • 25:How many books do you own? Too many, which is why I've stopped buying them, and also started donating all but a few favorites.
  • 26:Do you go the library?  About once a week
  • 27:How many books do you read a year? Varies, but I shoot for at least 52
  • 28:Favorite "required reading" book?  Wuthering Heights
  • 29:Favorite quote?  Too many to narrow it down to just one
  • 30:A book you absolutely hate:  The Satanic Verses, Salman Rushdie  

7 comments:

  1. I'm interested to see the movie version of Nick Hornby's Long Way Down. Should be out this year sometime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too....although I was less impressed with the book than I expected to be. Hopefully the movie will move along a little faster.

      Delete
  2. You're right, that Harry Potter movie did kind of suck. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to love James Patterson and devoured every book when it came out, but since he started having "co-authors" (who I suspect do most of the writing), I think the quality has diminished significantly. I am always disappointed, now, when I make the mistake of getting one of his new books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our comedy Tape Radio group (WTIT) did a parody of Withering Heights. We called it "Blundering Delights"...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never even picked up a copy of The Satanic Verses. Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever heard anyone even express an opinion on it before. That you hate it makes me think I've made the right choice in avoiding it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bought Satanic Verses just in Protest. It's allegory but still, it's pretty ugly.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...