Saturday, February 1, 2014

Saturday 9: I Gotta Feeling



I Gotta Feeling

Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!


Unfamiliar with this week's song? Hear it here

1) What would make tonight a good, good night?
Being at home with my husband, cuddled on the couch, watching movies...which is exactly how we plan to spend it!
 2) In the song, he sings that he's got money and wants to "spend it up." How much cash is in your wallet right now?
Seven dollars...which is actually a lot for me--don't carry much cash on a regular basis.
 3) The lyrics include "mazel tov," which means good luck or congratulations. What other Hebrew/Yiddish phrases do you know?
Blintz, boychik, bubbeleh, bubkes,chutzpah, drek, gesundheit, kibitz, kitsch, klutz, kosher,latke, l'chaim, mensch, meshuga, nebbish, oy vey, plotz,putz,schlemiel, schlep, schlock, schmaltz, schmo, schmooze,schmuck,shalom, shiksa, shtick, verklemmt, yenta, and zeftig (wow, didn't realize there were so many till I started listing them!)
4) The colorfully named Black Eyed Peas include Fergie (born Stacey Ferguson) and will.i.am (William Adams) and Taboo (Jaime Gomez). If you could choose a stage name, what would it be? 
No idea....I'd have to put more time into it than I'm willing to spend right now.  :)

5) This song was crazy popular in Canada, debuting at #2 on the charts. Have you ever visited our neighbor to the north?
No, can't say that I have.

6) When's the last time you laughed really hard?
 Last night while watching "Hell Baby" with my husband.
 
7) Who received the last text you sent?
Probably my youngest daughter

8) Which sounds like more fun -- skiing or skating?
Neither, because I'd probably hurt myself trying either one.
9) Thinking of sports, are you looking forward to The Super Bowl? 
Yes, but mostly just for the commercials.

5 comments:

  1. Some of the Super Bowl commercials are great, aren't they? But not worth watching that game for when I can hunt them up on youtube as I hear people talking about them. I imagine I will read a book while my husband watches the game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Mensch" and "nebbish" are such fun words. I should have included them in my answer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great words! I know most, but of course, forgot all. I am taping the superbowl so we can watch the commercials later. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved all the yiddish words some of which I recognized. What a great list. Going to look them up and learn them. Happy Saturday night and "Hell Baby" sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You definitely have the best and most in depth answer for #3 this week :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...