Thursday, February 13, 2014

Old School Blogging---Valentine's Edition

How do you typically celebrate Valentine’s Day?
I don't, really. When the kids were little, they got cards and a small box of candy, and occasionally a stuffed animal. Barry and I will sometimes exchange cards, but not always.
Do you like to get A)chocolates B) flowers  C) a sweet card or D) ALL OF THE ABOVE?
E) None of the above. I'm one of those rare women who, when I say "Don't get me anything for Valentine's Day," I really mean it. And if you DO get me something, I'm going to be miffed!!

Would you consider yourself a “cuddler”?  If not, would you at least cuddle on Valentine’s Day?
I am very much a cuddler, every day!
What is your favorite movie about love or with a love story? 
That would have to be Somewhere In Time, with Christopher Reeve and Jane Seymour.

Do you believe in “love at first sight”?  Did it happen to you?
No, I don't believe in it.  I think that you have to really get to know someone in order to love them. At first sight, you may be attracted to them, or lust after them, but I don't believe you can truly love them.
Do you believe love can conquer all things?
True, deep, committed love can survive pretty much anything, and get you through the bumps in the road....at least that's how it has worked for us!
What is one of the main things you love about your S.O.(significant other)?
Just one? I'd have to say all the little things he does, just because.....not just for me, but for the whole family.
If you could have the perfect Valentine date what would you and your loved one do?
Stay at home and spend the whole day together, doing whatever we want.....oh wait,that's precisely what we WILL be doing!  :)
Tell me about your first crush!
We were in kindergarten, and he lived on my street, just a few houses down. His name was Chris, and I was sure we would grow up and get married. It didn't work out that way.....but I AM still friends with his mother on Facebook.  
Do you have any embarrassing or horror dating stories?
My first date with my first college boyfriend---we were walking to the restaurant, and I found the ONE spot on the sidewalk where there was ice.  I slipped, landed on my rear end, and wanted to cry as he helped me up.  We dated for two years, though, so I guess he wasn't scared off!   
Favorite flower?
Peach roses
What’s the first type of chocolate you hope for when you reach into a box of chocolates?
I can't choose between the coconut and the mint.
Favorite love song?
It changes all the time, as new songs come out.  But one of the most enduring ones is When I Said I Do, by Clint Black and Lisa Hartman Black.  It always touches my heart.



What is the best breakup song? 
This one makes me cry every time...... 



Favorite celebrity couple? 
Blake Shelton and Miranda Lambert, or Keith Urban and Nicole Kidman.




Overall, are you pro- or anti- Valentine’s Day?
Anti-Valentine's Day.  I think that setting aside one day to show your love for that someone special is disingenuous--I prefer to do it every day.  And Valentine's Day has become so commercial and materialistic, with all the ads showing that if you just buy this, that or the other thing, you'll be loved forever. UGH!!!
If someone did that “Say Anything” boombox thing outside your window, would you be into it, or call the police? 
As long as it was Barry, I'd love it....anyone else, I'd be creeped out and call the police!!
First thing you notice about the objects of your affection?
Eyes, smile, and sense of humor.
What’s the best thing you've ever gotten for Valentine’s Day? 
Tough to answer since I've never been "into" this day and the whole present thing.  I think I've actually blocked out any real presents I may have gotten......

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for linking up!!
    And peach roses are so gorgeous.
    This is the third one I've read in which the first crushes were named Chris. That's funny! Mine was Chris too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to know I am not the only Valentine "scrooge!" I agree wholeheartedly with your answer about being anti-Valentine's day! I almost said Keith &Nicole for my favorite couple, too. They seem like they have a strong relationship, but I wouldn't have matched them up in a million years!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I notice the eyes first as well - and those peach coloured roses look so pretty!
    I've never heard of that movie with Christopher Reeves and Jane Seymour - I'll have to check it out (the time for a love story is always right!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do think Valentine's has gotten out of hand commercially. And I will say that in my younger days I was "heart broken" sometimes just because of that stupidity. But now it's simpler for us and we ignore all that stuff and just give the kids cute cards and gifts and I make them yummy food and tell my loved ones I love them over and over over (which I do most days anyway)! ;) Thank you for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally agree with your response to love at first sight. So much so that some of the old Disney movies really bother me. Snow White in particular...I pretty much always warn my daughter NOT to run off with some guy she’s only known for 10 minutes. Anyway..I didn’t come here to rant! Hopefully you had a gift-free, stress-free Valentine’s day filled with the love that should be there every day of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with your song and couple choices. I never even thought about them.
    Visiting from Old School Blogging.
    Barbara @ www.allmylivesnow.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...