Wednesday, February 12, 2014

It Finally Got Me

I've been very fortunate this winter, as compared to winters past. Previously, I spent more time sick than healthy during the weeks from Christmas to Easter. There were colds, flus, viruses of every sort....if there was a germ out there, it found its way into my body and I had to deal with it for days at a time.

This winter, though, I've been illness free....until Monday night. I was watching television with Barry, and out of nowhere, I was achy all over, my stomach hurt, and I had a headache. I took a dose of Theraflu, went to bed around 10 pm, and slept until 8 am Tuesday morning.

Tuesday was a pretty wasted day.  I spent it stretched out on the sofa, part of the time with a heating pad on my stomach to help the cramps. I tried to eat, but could only force down a few bites at a time....it took all afternoon to eat a peanut butter sandwich.  Liquids weren't going down much better, but I know from experience that I have to keep myself well hydrated, no matter what.

I woke up this morning not feeling a whole lot better. My sinuses are clogged to the point my head feels like it could explode at any minute, my stomach hurts, and my entire body aches. I guess I'll just stay close to the sofa again today, and try to muddle through till whatever this is passes.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...