Thursday, February 13, 2014

Is It February 15th Yet?

I am not a fan of Valentine's Day....never have been, never will be. In my opinion, no one should need a specific day set aside to show people how they feel about them.  That should be something that we are doing on a daily basis.

And the commercials are about to drive me nuts---buy this, that or the other thing to show someone how you feel about them. Apparently, the more money you spend, the more you care, and there are people who actually buy into that idea, literally and figuratively.

Yesterday, I was watching TODAY, and some "expert" was expounding on how even if a woman SAYS she doesn't want anything for Valentine's Day, she's going to wind up disappointed if you don't get her something. Not this woman!  When I say I don't want anything, I mean it...and I'm going to be ticked off if you go ahead and get me something.  And that also means I'm not getting YOU anything!

So, today, while people all over social media are bragging about the gifts they have given or received, I'll be enjoying just one more day of telling and showing my family how much I love them. It won't involve cards, candy, flowers or jewelry....it will involve hugs, kisses, the words "I love you," and making lasting memories together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...