Monday, February 17, 2014

I'm Honored To Be Among Such Talented Nominees.......

While I have been blogging for several years, I've never really had a huge fan base, and that's been okay with me. I write mostly for me, to have a place to express my thoughts and feelings, and to share them with my friends and family around the country/world. I've never been looking for internet fame and fortune with this blog.

Regardless, it's always nice to be noticed (just ask my hero, Eeyore), and today I am proud to announce that I have, in fact, been noticed, and nominated for The Liebster Award. The Liebster Award is a made up award that helps promote and show support to up and coming bloggers. (Liebster is also a German word which means beloved,which is nice.) This morning, I awoke to the nice news that Courtney Conover of The Brown Girl With Long Hair had included me in her list of bloggers she has recently nominated. Courtney is a new blogger friend, and I love reading what she has to say, and look forward to getting to know her better. Thank you, Courtney, and I am glad our “bloggy paths” have crossed!

So, in the Liebster tradition of paying it forward, I nominate the following bloggers:

Nominees who accept are to write a blog post which includes the following:
*Thank the person who has nominated you and link back to their blog (by posting a link on yours).
*Copy and display the award in your blog post (save the pink image above and upload it to your own post).
*Answer the 11 questions about yourself, which are given to you by the person who nominated you.
*Write 11 random facts about yourself.
*Nominate 5 – 11 blogs/bloggers that you feel deserve the award. They need to have less than 1000 followers.
*Think of 11 new questions for the bloggers you have nominated and write them in your post.
*Inform the selected bloggers that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and link back to your own post so that they can learn about it (if they don’t already about it) and so that they know what questions to answer.

So without further ado, here are the 11 questions my nominees must answer on their blog:
1. What is your favorite holiday?
2. Who is your favorite musician?
3. Who is your favorite actor/actress?
4. What is your favorite food?
5. What is your favorite vacation spot?
6. What is your favorite way to relax?
7. What is your favorite flower?
8. What is the most recent thing you bought for yourself?
9. What is the most recent thing you bought for someone else?
10. What is your favorite season?
11. Who has been the biggest inspiration in your life?

Lastly, here are Courtney’s 11 questions for me, followed by 11 random facts about me:
1. Beach or mountains? Beach
2. Car of SUV? Car, although I don't drive
3. Back in the day before reality TV took over...MTV or VH-1? MTV
4. Diamonds or pearls? Both :)
5. Bagel or doughnut?  Doughnut
6. Shower or bath? Shower
7. Jean cut-offs or denim skirt?  Depends on the occasion
8. Colonial or ranch? Ranch
9. CDs or radio? Radio
10. Riding boots or ankle boots? Ankle boots
11. Beer or wine? Again, depends on the occasion (and my mood)

My 11 Random Facts

1. I never learned to swim or ride a bike
2. My favorite number is 3.
3. I've been having a string of good luck recently, winning several contests/giveaways.
4. My biggest phobia is snakes.
5. I was a guest on Geraldo in 1993 (that's a whole other post)
6. I was born with crossed eyes.
7. I've had surgery twice to correct my vision (ages 4 & 18)
8. I was an only child for 6 1/2 years, until the birth of my younger brother.
9. I learned to read at 3 1/2, and have been a voracious reader ever since.
10. I've been writing poetry since the age of 10 (most of it is online here)
11. I've been watching Days Of Our Lives pretty much from the beginning, and now I'm addicted, even when it gets TOTALLY ridiculous!    :)

Thanks for the honor, Courtney....this was a fun post to write!!
1

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the sweet nomination, Teresa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I just finished my 'acceptance' post for this award from Courtney as well and was just checking out the other nominees websites. I enjoyed reading your answers and will poke around your site now :o) Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm "accepting" your award and obliterating it by answering the completely wrong questions today on my post. It'll be out later. :-) But I'm giving you props, so I think that counts, right? I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, that counts! Look forward to reading it.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...