Friday, January 17, 2014

I Saw That Coming!

I knew that this was going to lead to a lot of heated discussions, even before it happened. Once it happened, and it was revealed that the new drug cocktail basically tortured McGuire for fifteen minutes before he died, then I knew the discussions would be even MORE heated.

I have never been a proponent of capital punishment for any reason. I don't believe that humans should play God and decide when another human should die...I am 100% pro-life from conception to death. I take a lot of criticism for that on a variety of subjects, but I stand firm in my beliefs.

I've read a lot of comments today saying that McGuire got what he deserved--that he deserved to die a slow, painful, tortured death because of what he did. I've also had people presume to tell me that I would feel differently if someone were to kill my daughter and unborn child. I can't say for sure, as I've never been in that situation, but as of now, I believe that because of my opinion on the subject, and because of my faith, I would NOT feel any different.

I believe in forgiving people, no matter what they do to me.  I believe in showing grace and mercy to everyone.  I get told that makes me a pushover, that I'm naive, that I'm too trusting....if so, then I'll accept that, because I believe that's who I am called to be in this life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...