Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Health Update

Just got home from my oncology appointment, so I thought I would fill everyone in on what we found out. My oncologist is out of town, so I was seen by a nurse practitioner today--never met her before, but she is very friendly and has a great bedside manner. She was very easy to talk to, and I had no problem asking her the questions I had intended to ask Dr. Cutler.

I had presumed that, now that chemo, surgery and radiation are done, we would be scheduling some sort of scan so that we'd know where things stand. Guess not....I'm supposed to schedule a mammogram for late March/early April, and the only way we'll do anything more than that is if something unusual shows up there. Apparently that's how confident they are that surgery got everything out of my body (and after reading the pathology report from the surgery, which I got a copy of today, I can honestly see why).

Also talked to the nurse practitioner about getting my port catheter removed. Had a blood draw today to check my hemoglobin level, and if it's still normal, so that I won't need a blood transfusion, she'll put in the order tomorrow for the removal, so all I'll have to do is call to schedule the appointment. I hope that we can get it done sometime in the next few weeks....one step closer to being back to a "normal" life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...