Friday, January 31, 2014

Finish The Sentence Friday: A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To....

Finish the Sentence Friday

A funny thing happened on the way to...

A funny thing happened on the way to my "dream life."  As a kid, I dreamed of being a teacher, wife and mother. As an adult, I accomplished all of that, but it wasn't quite as ideal as I imagined it would be.

I expected to graduate from college, start working, and continue to work while being a wife and mother. Instead, due to issues that my kids were having which I felt required my full attention, I quit teaching when my youngest was in kindergarten (when a lot of moms START working, or go back to work).

I expected to get married, have two children and stay married to that one man for the rest of my life. I was married at 24, had two children, and was divorced at 29. Then I married again at 31, had a second daughter, and divorced again at 40.  Married again at 41, and FINALLY found the life I had always dreamed of having....raising my three kids, seeing them grow to amazing adults, and sharing my life with the most wonderful man I could ever hope to find.

4 comments:

  1. So glad you are in that happy place now. Forty is a wonderful time to find it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get this. I certainly didn't end up where I expected.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My life has been pretty different than I expected as well (had my son at the age of 40), but I like where it is now. I'm glad that you've found your spot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was a really cool post. I'm so glad you found your happy ending. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...