Monday, December 2, 2013

When Snow Begins To Fall

When snow begins to fall here in Ohio, it's a sure sign that my time outdoors is going to begin to diminish for the next several months. Instead of spending time walking the neighborhood, or sitting on the porch, reading in my glider, I will be found inside, usually on the couch, snuggled under a blanket or three.

As you may have guessed, I am not a fan of cold weather. Anything below 50 degrees, and I'm bundling up. I have never quite figured out how someone who suffers so much in cold weather has managed to live her entire life in places with frigid winters.

For me, the perfect winter snowfall would be as follows: it would fall on December 24th, while I am sleeping, so that we could have a white Christmas, and then it would all melt by the morning of the 26th, never to be seen again until the next Christmas Eve. If only!!!

Don't get me wrong, I haven't always been a snow hater. When I was a kid, snow was my friend...it could get me out of school, sometimes for DAYS.  But even then, I spent as little time out in it as possible. I preferred to be in my room with a good book on snow days rather than sledding, making snowmen, and freezing my fingers and toes off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...