Thursday, July 25, 2013

Round Four, Week Two

Last week was yet another busy week. Tuesday morning I had a visit from a good friend--an hour where I didn't have to feel totally isolated, and could think about something other than being sick. Unfortunately, that was the best part of the whole day. By Tuesday afternoon, I was feeling crummy again, and by Tuesday evening I was running a fever of 100.6---so it was back to the ER once again.

At least my stay this time around was shorter than the last few times. I went in Tuesday night, and I got to come home Friday afternoon. In the meantime, I had the same reactions to the antibiotics--diarrhea, vomiting, rash--and pretty much no appetite. By the time I left the hospital, I was done to 116 lbs (I was between 135 and 140 when I was diagnosed).

The weekend was pretty quiet, as I continued my "house arrest" just to make sure the white blood cell count had time to fully get back to normal. Monday evening I decided to take advantage of my last day before the routine started all over again, and went to my Bible study group. It was SO nice to be around friends and feel the love and support. Hopefully I'll be able to continue to show up there every other week during the remainder of my chemo sessions.

Also on Monday, Barry was feeling sick, and spent most of the day in our bedroom, sleeping and just trying to keep his germs away from me. Because of how he was feeling, I slept on the couch Monday night...or tried to--it's as tough to sleep just a few rooms away from him as it is to sleep in the hospital. :)

Tuesday was the beginning of round five, week one....which will be the subject of a post early next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...