Monday, July 15, 2013

Currently

Reading: Proof Of Heaven, by Eben Alexander. The author is a neurosurgeon who had no faith, no belief in the soul or the afterlife. He became deathly ill, was in a coma for seven days, and came back with a story of a totally different world and a totally different understanding of both this life and the next.

Thinking about: The Zimmerman trial verdict and the discussions it has spawned. So much discussion about race, and I'm not sure that's where we really need to be focused. And let's not forget safety in general. If one group of people in this country feels unsafe, then we should ALL feel unsafe--and I have to admit that, especially for children, I don't think we have the level of safety that we used to have. It's not even safe for a child in their own yard, fenced in or not...

Feeling thankful: For the support and encouragement of friends and family, and for not being in the hospital yet this round of chemo.

Eating: Apple butter sandwiches, cottage cheese, and fruit cups. Trying to find things that my taste buds can enjoy, and that don't turn my stomach. It's becoming a little more difficult all the time, unfortunately.

Looking forward to: Getting off "house arrest" and being able to be around people again...although that may have to wait two months if this two week "Sentence' actually keeps me out of the hospital.

Watching: Lots of TV movies since I don't have much energy these days and spend most of my day on the couch.

Working on: Genealogy when I have the occasional burst of energy that I can focus.

1 comment:

  1. You "currently" have a lot on your plate! I went back and read some of your earlier posts. I was diagnosed with Stage 1 invasive ductal carcinoma in March 2012, which led me to start blogging. I chose bilateral mastectomy with tram flap reconstruction (which I highly recommend) and my lymph nodes were clear, so I was a very, very lucky girl. Many good wishes coming your way for good reports and minimal discomfort with your treatments!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...