Wednesday, April 25, 2012

V Is For Voice


This is about finding my voice...my ability to speak out on what I think, feel, believe, etc. It's not something I was comfortable with for a lot of years. I found myself going along with the majority opinion, whether I agreed or not, just because it was easier to get along with people that way. It wasn't until I had children and found myself going against the grain in several ways (see yesterday's post) that I began to feel strong enough to speak up, to stand up for myself and for my children. Beginning this blog a few years ago was another big step in that direction. I can write the things I'm thinking, put them out there for the world to see, and for me, that's less intimidating than actually speaking the words to someone I know will disagree. So, for anyone who's interested in "listening" to my voice, feel free to read previous posts, and to stay tuned for the future.  :)

4 comments:

  1. it is nice, the voice blogs give--i hope to stay in touch after z :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent post. It can be hard for some to find their voice but it's great when they do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still trying to find my voice. Having children helped a great deal. Sometimes parents cannot and should not stay quiet.

    I'm so glad you're exercising your blogging voice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I learned long ago that people are going to love you or hate you no matter what you do or say. Therefore, say what you really believe. Of course, there are times to hold ones tongue as well.

    Most of the time I am blunt and am apt more than not to put a little honey on it, not so to gain favor, but rather not to hurt anyone. Nevertheless, I need to speak what I believe when asked else I am a liar to myself.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...