Tuesday, April 17, 2012

O Is For Optimism


Day 15 of the Blogging From A To Z Challenge.
\

Today, I'm writing about my optimism. I've been through some rough spots in my 50 years....most of them of my own making...and I've always managed to make it through to the other side, and come out of it wiser and in a better place. But, contrary to popular belief, that's not been through strength, or my religious beliefs, or anything like that. The real explanation is much simpler, at least to me: crazy cockeyed optimism.

Yep, that's it, plain and simple. I get through the rough spots by keeping focused on the bigger picture. I've always believed that in that elusive "somewhere," there is a bigger, brighter, better life for me...and that I just have to keep looking till I find it. And now, at nearly 51, I've finally begun putting all the pieces into place, getting that life in order...and it's looking even better than I ever dreamed it would be. So, thank you to everyone who sees me as a strong woman...but forgive me when I laugh every time you say it, as I'll always just think of myself as the girl in the rose-colored glasses. :)

3 comments:

  1. This made me smile. Thank you, Teresa! Good luck with the rest of the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think a little positive thinking goes a long way!
    Nutschell
    www.thewritingnut.com
    Happy A-Zing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...