Friday, April 13, 2012

L Is For Liars



Day 12 of the Blogging From A To Z Challenge.

One of my biggest pet peeves is people who lie to me, for whatever reason. And if your lies impact my children as well, then watch out, because it's on, for sure. When my children were young, and they were dealing with absentee fathers who could sometimes be less than honest, I was sometimes Hell on heels :) when dealing with them.  What is so difficult to grasp about the idea of not getting someone's hopes up with promises, time after time, just to disappoint them? The logical thing to do would have been to not make a promise, and just tell ME what you're planning, then if you are able to follow through, it would have been a pleasant surprise for the child/children. To me, it was just common sense!

Aside from people hurting my children with lies, I've had my share of liars in my OWN life, unfortunately. I think I've mentioned before that I tend to take people at their word, and take situations at face value. While I much prefer being that sort of person to being a full-time cynic, I have to admit it really sucks when it blow up in your face time after time. I hate putting my faith and trust in people, and in their word, and then finding out, one way or another, that there was no truth in their words or their actions. 

I forgive those people, but they should all be aware that I do NOT forget, and I will be much more guarded in my dealings with them in the future.


3 comments:

  1. Hi Teresa,

    I liked your topic and have shared your blog on my A.D.'s FAV 5 of the A to Z Challenge. Come and drop by when you get a chance http://adduling.wordpress.com/

    Have a great Friday the 13th!
    A.D.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much..I will definitely drop by soon!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...