Saturday, April 7, 2012

G Is For Grieving Those Who Are Gone



Day 7 of the Blogging From A To Z Challenge.

I'm a very emotional, very sensitive person...one of those who takes everything to heart and feels EVERYTHING deeply.  So when I speak of grief in the title of this post, it's multifaceted. It's not just the grief of losing friends and family members to death, although that's a big part of it. I also find myself grieving for those people who used to be a part of my life, but who walked away, or just drifted off...and even the ones I had to walk away from for various reasons.

I had an entirely different post planned for today, but that was before I spent yesterday afternoon listening to some old songs and thinking...never a good combination for a sentimental girl!  Let's just say there were a couple of people who came to mind, a couple of relationships I WISH I knew how to heal...but I know it's never going to happen, and I just have to keep moving on with life the way it is.


2 comments:

  1. yes we can lose people in so many ways can't we---your sensitivity can be your friend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't say I grieve other than in a more immediate time frame. There are many who I miss and think about and there are those about whom I wonder what the heck happened anyway. Time heals, or at softens the sharp edges that were once grief, and I move mostly forward.


    Lee
    A Few Words
    An A to Z Co-host blog

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...