Thursday, April 5, 2012

E Is For Easter



Day 5 of the Blogging From A To Z Challenge.

Easter is coming up on Sunday. In my childhood, it was a big holiday for getting together with the extended family. It started bright and early in the morning, when I...and later my younger brother as well...would get up and search for where the Easter Bunny had hidden my basket that year. After checking to see exactly what I'd gotten, it was time to eat breakfast and get dressed for Sunday school and church. When church was over, it was off to a restaurant for lunch with my paternal grandparents. Oh, and there were LOTS of pictures....pictures with the Easter baskets, pictures at home once we were dressed, pictures with the grandparents before we went to lunch. Then, once we left the paternal grandparents, it was off to my maternal grandparents, where all my aunts, uncles and cousins were gathered as well. There was lots more food, plenty of candy, and ALWAYS an Easter egg hunt or two or three....depending on how many times we could find someone to hide the eggs.

Even though my children didn't have the large number of cousins, I tried to keep most of the Easter traditions alive for them, as well. And my grandson is already going to Easter egg hunts, at age two, so at least some traditions are continuing.  :)

2 comments:

  1. we always do Easter pretty big also--church and then lots of family and the big egg hunt--happy Easter to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the first year my boys don't want an egg hunt. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...