Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Letting It Out And Letting It Go

I've been thinking about forgiveness over the last several days, and decided that, for my own benefit, there are people I need to forgive, including myself. I'm not going to mention any names, I'm just going to forgive each of us for all the things that need to be let go, and leave it at that.

1) I forgive you for years of making me feel like I was never good enough. I forgive you for ignoring all the things I did and concentrating on the things I didn't do. I forgive you for trying to make me into who you thought I should be instead of who I really was.

2) I forgive you for letting other people's opinions matter more than your own. I forgive you for trying to make people love you, instead of expecting them to love you for who you were. I forgive you for trying so hard to get the attention you craved. I forgive you for all the mistakes you made in parenting.

3) I forgive you for taking me for granted. I forgive you for wanting a mother instead of a wife. I forgive you for not caring about my health issues. I forgive you for not being there for our children. I forgive you for putting your new wife and her children above our children in every way. I forgive you for blaming me when our children pulled away from you.

4) I forgive you for providing me with a poor example of what love was supposed to be like. I forgive you for making my self-esteem even lower than it already was, by making me feel like I didn't matter. I forgive you for turning your back on me and seeming to forget that I exist.

5) I forgive you for lying to me, for making me believe in "forever and beyond." I forgive you for building up my self-esteem, making me believe in myself, and then walking away without ever looking back, convincing me once again that I'd never be good enough for real love.

6) I forgive you for being angry at the world. I forgive you for the verbal, physical and emotional abuse you gave to our family. I forgive you for refusing to admit to your problem with alcohol. I forgive you for not being a more present, involved parent. I forgive you for not providing financially for our child. I forgive you for not taking better care of your health, and for leaving her life way too soon.

7) I forgive you for being so self-involved that you don't care how your behavior impacts anyone else in your life. I forgive you for needing so much attention that you have to create a fantasy story about your past, and sometimes your present, to get it. I forgive you for all the times you've broken hearts and trust in your family. I forgive you for being ungrateful and unappreciative of everything that has ever been given to you.

2 comments:

  1. AMEN...to all...and I understand each.....God Bless You and our Family!!!! Love you SIS...and thanks for all you do!!!!! Pam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love you, too, Sis...and thank YOU!!!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...