Monday, February 27, 2012

If You Need To Blame Someone, Blame Me!

In the last couple of weeks, I've been in the middle of some ridiculous, petty drama which, in the face of what we've all been through, and are still trying to deal with, is SO very unimportant. But I can't just sit back and watch it continue, when I know the wrong person is being "blamed" for things she didn't do.

After much thought, and wracking my brain trying to put events in the right order, I can now say, with much conviction, that I was the person who introduced my former husband to Wicca. While we were still married, the entire family went to the nearby town of Yellow Springs, and at one of the bookstores there, both Samantha and I found books on the subject which we wanted to read, to educate ourselves. We bought them, and both of us read all three of them....and then George read them as well.

Although he didn't mention it to me at the time, he did find things in those books which piqued his interest in the subject, and over time he explored it deeper, on the internet and through books. After our separation/divorce, he mentioned not being comfortable with the beliefs we had been brought up in, and finding more comfort in the Wiccan beliefs, but I never thought much of it until quite a while later when he asked about taking the girls to a gathering of Wiccans.

So, the fact of the matter is, he was already "into" Wicca before he met the person currently being blamed for turning him away from his Christianity. It was his ever curious, ever questioning WIFE at the time who brought it into his life---and if it brought him comfort and answers he couldn't find elsewhere, then I can't say that I regret it.

Having gotten that off my chest, I'm now prepared to let the chips fall where they may.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...