Monday, October 3, 2011

A Space In My Heart

This post is written from a prompt, provided here:

Mama’s

5.) I have no idea where the following message originated from, but it's been floating around Facebook for the past week...who does it make you think about?:
Photobucket

I think we all have that person who, if we knew we were dying, we'd want to contact and let them know how much they always meant to us. For me, that person is the one who comes to mind whenever I read this. He was in my life twice, in two very different ways, and made no effort to stay there either time. In spite of that, the second time he earned a permanent space in my heart.

It really, truly sucks when you spend almost 50 yrs of your life looking for love...real, honest, unconditional love...and then when you finally find the person you can give it to, they aren't able to give it BACK to you. He made promises about being in my life forever, and being willing to give up the life he had to create a life for US, but when push came to shove, the only thing he actually gave up was ME.

I've gone on with my life since that happened, but it hasn't been easy. Every time something happens, good or bad, I want to share it with him--but since we have no contact at all, that's impossible. So that means there are times I get really down, even during what should be a very happy time, simply because there's someone missing.

Not sure any of this makes any sense...but there it is, for whatever it's worth.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I feel so sorry for him! I have had similar experiences with people in my life... people who said they loved me unconditionally... but only as long as I was the person they wanted me to be. I tried, I really and truly tried to be the person I was expected to be but... I wasn't being me.
    I moved on, it was hard and it still hurts at times but, it got easier and I just look at that time as a chapter in my life that was needed to get me to the place I am today.

    Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...