Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Still Totally Disgusted



It's been over twenty-four hours, and I still feel the same as I did yesterday afternoon. I'm stunned, I'm confused, I'm angry, and I'm disgusted. I can't believe that twelve people who heard the same evidence I did over the last six weeks, could come to a conclusion so TOTALLY different from mine.

I did the same thing with this trial that I did with the OJ trial....I took notes on opening and closing statements, and all the testimony, and when the jury began to deliberate, I read through my notebook along with the jury instructions, with the necessary elements for each charge, and marked off each element I felt had been proven. As I showed in an earlier post, I was able to find EVIDENCE to prove all seven charges. No emotion, nothing based on stuff that was only in the media, no nothing...just the testimony and the facts.

I read that an attorney today said that this trial had apparently brought together "the last twelve people who still believe the world is flat." That's nicer than anything I would have said about them, but I do like it. These people put aside all the science, all the forensics, and apparently, based on what I've heard from the alternate today, chose to believe Krystal Holloway and the whole "accident that snowballed out of control."

Give me a break! That woman was one of the least credible witnesses on the stand. She wants attention, she wants her fifteen minutes of fame, and she's making the most of all of this. Did she and George have an affair? Maybe so...I don't care, one way or the other. I simply can't believe that George said anything about an "accident" to her...I don't think he knew anything, or was involved in anything.

And if hearing the verdict wasn't enough, what about the defense team and their "celebration party"? Talk about something in bad taste...little Caylee is still dead, and there's NO reason for popping the champagne corks and certainly no reason for Cheney Mason to flip the bird to people who were outside the restaurant. Inappropriate, immature AND unprofessional, to say the least. There are people still grieving for that sweet little girl, people close to her who DESERVE to know what happened to her...and it's totally disrespectful to her, and to them, to be throwing a party and rejoicing in the fact that the only person who KNOWS what happened gets to act as though nothing ever happened at all.

Then today we hear that the jurors, who avoided the press conference last night, are telling media outlets that they'll grant interviews FOR MONEY. Again, a little girl is still dead, and I don't think ANYONE should be making money off that. It's just my humble opinion, but I see it as blood money....profit from a horrible tragedy.

For that reason, I won't buy or read any book by Casey Anthony, I won't buy or read any magazine that chooses to interview her, I won't watch any movies that would benefit her financially. I won't watch any juror interviews on TV, or read any interviews in print or online. I also will avoid any interviews of any members of the defense team. They will not put a single penny of MY money in their pockets, ever.

I don't know what will happen tomorrow at her sentencing, but I do know it will NOT be enough. But, in spite of that, life goes on for most of us....even if not for Caylee. :(

1 comment:

  1. Well said. I am just baffled by the verdict, by the jurors, and by the world that can look away, by the people who do such horrible things.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...