Monday, June 13, 2011

What I Love About Me! Week Two

Photobucket

What I love about me this week is that I had the courage to express my opinion on something without filtering it to make it sound "pretty," to avoid hurt feelings. I said exactly what I thought, as honestly as possible, willing to let the chips fall where they may. For me, that's a HUGE step out of my comfort zone, and I'm not really sure where the courage and determination came from, but I LOVE that I was willing to take that leap.

I've seen this particular situation getting worse and worse for many months now, and other than complaining about it to my immediate family, I've just kept my opinions on WHY it was worsening to myself. Yesterday, some things that were said in church, paired with remarks made by my youngest daughter and her fiance, were just the final straws. I sat down and drafted an email, which I then had my daughter, her fiance and my husband read. Once they all approved, I slept on it and then re-read it this morning. I still find it to ring true...it describes the problem, what I believe to be the causes, and even offers some possible solutions. I'll type it up as soon as I finish this post, hit send, and then wait to see if there is any sort of response to it.
Even if there isn't, at least I know that I said what, in my opinion, needed to be said, and made an attempt at fixing the problem.

And I LOVE the satisfaction that brings!





3 comments:

  1. Good for you. I like that you slept on it to make sure you expressed yourself well. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's fantastic. It was very thoughtful of you to take the time to re-read it a couple of times and share it with your family.

    Thanks for joining us again this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope that the email recipient takes the email as it was meant - an honest expression of a problem that you would like to resolve. Good on you for getting it out there! I think that is a very admirable thing to do!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...