Friday, June 17, 2011

Finding Things To Write About

I mentioned at one point that sometimes I have problems coming up with something to blog about here. In the same set of questions I mentioned that I've been married twice before, have three children, two stepchildren and a total of four grandsons---and someone commented that, with those things alone, there should be PLENTY to write about. In a sense I agree, but in another sense, those things are no help at all.

Granted, there have been plenty of things that have happened in the last almost fifty years that I COULD write about, and I'd probably never run out of material. But at the same time, I try not to write about my exes, or my children, or my husband, without their permission...too much mention of certain children gets me in trouble, as said child/children do not appreciate having attention drawn to them. So rather than embarrass the child, and get yelled at, I try to find other, more acceptable topics on which to blog.

When I started this particular page, I DID expect that there would be lots of family stories, I really did. I guess maybe if I didn't post links on my Facebook page I could get away with it, but with my luck, someone would mention having read about something, and I'd still be toast. I have the worst luck that way, let me tell ya! LOL

I'm thinking that maybe I can go back in time, and write some stuff about my childhood, and by the time I get to THIS point in my life, it will all be past tense, and easier for everyone to read and accept. I'll give that a shot, and we'll see how it goes...wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. I think you should write your childhood memories!!

    Thanks for stopping by. I am following on twitter and gfc.

    Did you check out the retweet club?
    http://myjourneywithcandida.blogspot.com/2010/01/retweet-club.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's a great idea to write about your childhood memories and all the things leading up to today, personal experiences and whatnot. I try to be as candid as I can when writing about my family because I don't want them to get irked, my friends as well. It's hard! I use initials and abbreviations when possible though so no one "on the outside" knows who I am talking about.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...