Monday, June 6, 2011

It's All Fun and Games Blog Fest

Today's assignment is to write about our three favorite games.

1) My top favorite game is Trivial Pursuit. I'm constantly amazed at the vast amounts of seemingly useless information I have stored in my head, usually unbeknownst to me, which comes flooding out when I play this game...or any other trivia-based game. Sometimes I'll answer a question without even thinking about it, be right and then ask myself "Where did THAT come from?"

2) Next would definitely be Tetris. This is not just a favorite game, this is an addiction....and I'm not ashamed to admit it. Now that I have it on my phone, it's worse than ever. Sitting in the waiting room for an appointment...play Tetris. Watching a tv show that isn't really catching my attention....play Tetris. Long car rides....play Tetris. I wind up charging my phone more often from playing Tetris than from actually using it as a PHONE. Oh, and I can't forget the handheld game that my son bought me almost eight years ago. That thing has seen more use than just about any other object in the house, except maybe for the computer. And it must have some superhuman self-charging battery in it....I've still got the ORIGINAL one running it! (Probably just jinxed it and will have to run out and get a new one this week, my luck! LOL)

3) Last, but by no means least, would have to be Monopoly, although I don't play as much now as I did when my oldest daughter was still living at home. Playing with her was a challenge though...everything had to be done JUST SO or she would freak out on you...properties displayed in a specific manner, money kept in an orderly fashion, etc. I've never been good at playing Monopoly, but it was always worth it to play just to see what she was going to have a hissy over this time....(I know, I know, I'm a horrible, mean, awful person....but she inherited the same traits, so it's all good! LOL)







12 comments:

  1. Sigh... I love board games. Growing up my best friend and I would spend HOURS playing board games. Even now, when we get together we play board games.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somehow, Monopoly always brought out the worst characteristics in my family :)) Tetris can be addictive - especially the music!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My wife likes the Monopoly board to be perfect. And she usually wins!
    Thanks for participating in the blogfest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoy all those games. Great choices. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. aaarghh - tetris! memories of lost nights as "just a couple of tries" turned into hours and hours glued to a screen. I don't dare go near it now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoo-hoo for Tetris! It's so frustrating, but definitely addictive.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Trivial Pursuit! And I find myself doing the same thing you do, answering a question immediately, being right, and wondering how on earth I knew that!

    And Tetris! Oh what fun. I accidentally downloaded a puzzle Tetris game to my phone when I thought I was downloading regular. Not fun at all. But I do what you do, sit at the doctor, watching TV, just about anywhere I am I'm playing a game on my phone!

    ReplyDelete
  8. yeah tetris! all the hours I spent playing that when I was younger, made me supreme luggage packer

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL. LOVED your tagline. Big Dr. Who fan here.

    Oh, okay. I'm supposed to be commenting on games. My bad.

    That's an easy one. Trivial Pursuit. What she said. End of discussion.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Tetris! I've spent countless hours playing it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great choices that bring back many memories. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...