Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Expounding On The Six Word Memoir

This post is written from a prompt, provided here:

Mama’s

1.) Last week you chose a 6 word memoir to share…this week elaborate. Tell us the story or thought process behind the sentence you wrote.

My six word memoir: Eight years together, still going strong.

My husband, Barry, and I met online in July 1999. He moved from Arizona to Ohio to be with me and my three children in August 2002, and we married on May 31, 2003. We've been through our share of bad times over those years....problems with the children, health issues, marriage difficulties...but those have been offset and outnumbered by the good times...celebrations, dates, day trips, vacations...and just the simple knowledge that we're there for each other, come what may.

Granted, there have been times when one or the other of us, or both of us, thought we might never ever get to this point. But I believe that the fact we're still together--that we've worked at staying together--speaks volumes toward how committed we both are to making sure this marriage is, in fact, "till death do us part."

5 comments:

  1. I'm really happy for you and Barry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Visiting from Mama Kat's. Congrats on 8 years; hubby & I have been married 9!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best wishes for a long and happy life together. :)

    I'm visiting from Mama Kat's Writer's Workshop. Have a great evening!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats again on being together so long. Relationships are hard!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on a good post!
    Just popped in from Mama Kat to say hi!
    Chris

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...