Sunday, May 1, 2011

Maybe Someday....

The theme for NaBloPoMo in May is, fittingly, "Maybe," so I'll be posting occasionally on that theme for the next 31 days.

Maybe someday I'll understand why some people feel that there's only one right way to do things--and that's THEIR way. Maybe someday I'll understand how someone who proclaims their Christian faith loudly and often can be so judgmental of anyone and everyone who does things differently than they do. Maybe someday it won't hurt me when this person treats me, and my family, like she's so much better than we are. Maybe someday I'll find a way to tell her how it makes me feel, without anger and resentment. But until then, I'll keep my mouth shut, smile cheerfully each time I see her, and let it go at that. But I'll always be thinking "Maybe someday."

2 comments:

  1. Saw your blog on the nablopomo...

    So understand about smiling cheerfully while wanting, needing, to let that someone know how much they are hurting us. As a Christian, I struggle with seeing the splinter in other's eyes, but not the log in my own, so I'm always so hesitant to approach someone, even though we are called to do that very thing.

    Anyway...please know that there are other women who struggle with the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Natalie...sometimes, just knowing you are not alone is a huge help!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...