Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Why I'm Here

What do you want to accomplish with your blog? What is it for?

When I started this blog, it was going to just be someplace to occasionally post stuff that was on my mind, or stuff that the family was up to at the moment. Then I started taking my "writing for publication" class, and got bitten by the writing bug, so I was posting a little more often. I found a few writing challenges, and started posting to them weekly, and through reading other responses there, I found other challenges and memes to keep me writing. Then I found out about "postaday2011," and that was just the push I needed.

So now I'm committed to posting something here every day for the rest of the year. By that point, I figure it will have become a habit, and I'll be able to continue to post every day. As a writer, it's important for me to keep WRITING...some days will be easier than others, and some posts will be more pertinent than others, but at least I'll be writing.

So, if you stop by here regularly you'll see a mix of things...fiction, memories, opinions, random facts about me, pictures, and the occasional surprise. I hope that the combination of these things will give you a glimpse of who Teresa was, is and hopes to become.


9 comments:

  1. This reminds me of a Lawrence Kasdan quote I saw the other day..."Being a writer is like having homework every night...for the rest of your life."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to post everyday but I find my time reading other things gets sucked up so the actual writing goes out the window! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great challenge, it is hard to find time or topics to blog about everyday sometimes. Looking forward to watching throughout the year.

    Not watching in a creepy stalker way though...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm completely impressed by you tackling this challenge - here's to personal evolution and eclectic blogs!! Some of my favorite things, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a great idea! I have been participating in a few challenges to keep me writing more often. Otherwise, I lack motivation!
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. do not beat up on yourself if you miss a day or even more. it is a wonderful challenge, but blogs aren't life.

    also, I like the design of your blog very much. white background, black text, and the background photo is great. the frameset in the middle column, however, needs to go or you need to explain how those of us with big iMacs can pop it out so we don't have to horizontally scroll to read the comments we're posting.

    if you want lots of commenters, it's in your best interest to make it as easy/painless/visually simple as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hmm...its the big challenge you are taking ...I really like to write too...but not everyday....

    Good Luck !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice introduction. The nice thing about daily blogging is that it really gets you out of your head. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...