Thursday, February 10, 2011

Movie Watching

(Another writing prompt: What are the last two movies you've seen?)

The answer to this depends on whether we're talking about movies I've watched here at home, or movies I've seen in the theater. So, just to be fair, I'm going to provide both answers. :)

The last two movies I watched in the theater were TWILIGHT:NEW MOON, and HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS, PART 1. Over the last few years, movies from those two series are the only ones we have spent that much money to watch....and they've conveniently come out close to my birthday and Amy's. I'm not thrilled with the Twilight movies, even though I LOVED the entire book series. The movies just haven't captured the essence of the books, in my opinion...the movies are too much about "Edward vs. Jacob," and not enough about the rest of the people involved in the story.

Most of the Harry Potter movies, in contrast, have been very true to the books. Because of the length of most of the books, some things have had to be left out, but that's understandable. The only movie that has been truly disappointing was HARRY POTTER AND THE ORDER OF THE PHOENIX...not only were there important things (in my opinion) excluded, but there were things added that weren't in the book at all!! I'm excited to see Part 2 later this year, even though I know that I will cry...not only because it's the end of the series, but also because of the fate of my favorite character!!!

The last two movies I watched here at home were SALT and ONCE FALLEN. SALT was a great thriller, which kept me guessing until the last minute. I'm a big fan of Anjelina Jolie, and this film was a great example of why...she can take any role, and be so believable that you almost forget you're watching a movie!

ONCE FALLEN was nowhere near as good as SALT. It was one of those I saw previews for on another DVD and thought it looked interesting, so I added it to my list. The idea behind the film was a good one, but the way the story was told, and especially the way it ended, was a big disappointment to me. I guess that's the chance you take when you're not sure what you're choosing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...